Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 16th - Fourth Month Milestone

When the older kids were small I loved counting their ages in months. Now that I have bigger kids new to the family I love to count their coming into our family by months too. It helps me keep perspective otherwise I am apt to fall into greater expectation on the newest treasure than can be borne. It also gives me a moment to pause and reflect on what God has done over the time we have been together. I have found myself not being able to recall memories correctly because I cannot locate Sweetpea inside of them. Of course she was not in the memory as she was geographically elsewhere when that memory was made but it just shows me that my heart has begun that shift of "knowing and being known" that happens when you bring a child into your heart through adoption.

No comments: