I sadly admit that I took the news and situation and went into a struggle over it. My heart was so bleak that I did not see any way and I was confounded. I literally cried out, "I cannot make this money appear out of thin air!" Yes, I know it looks very foolish and yet that is where I was.
My sweet husband shared our burden for the smaller sum with one of the pastor's at our church. This pastor has been such a sweet help to us through all the ups and many downs of this adoption journey and has offered great counsel and wise advise to us. The next day this pastor left a message with my Beloved, telling him not to worry, that the amount would be taken care of.
What a huge relief! What a kindness to us to hear this good news.
But........we had gotten it wrong! The message was not that the smaller sum was to be covered but that the entire sum was no longer a barrier and that the demands of the ss agency would be met in order to get the paperwork to the court.
The impact of that news hit me like a physical blow. It felt like the difference between being forgiven a debt of a few dollars and a debt of a lifetime. I know that sounds like an exaggeration but that is how visceral it felt to me.
How silly I must look to Christ when I fell immediately into disbelief and had no faith at the first sign of the problems when all along he had a plan to take care of it. He is so patient with me and so loving.
--------------okay there is a really neat post script to this amazing story too. After my last distressing post to the blog I got an astounding email from a person who reads the blog but who doesn't know us from a hill of beans and says that if we are in need of that money they would be in a position to help us with it! I read it and I was deeply shocked. It was as if God was saying "yes, but I CAN make money appear out of thin air". Superstop. What an amazing God we have and what a unique person to follow God's heart like that to help total strangers?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment