After church we went home and lunched and prepared for a vi
sit from the social worker. We have a great social worker, Susan, who has been working with us through these past few months of bringing Sweetpea back to the states. She is now the legal arm of reporting to make sure that the child is well cared for in our home and under our supervision while the process of the adoption takes place through the courts. Like clockwork we had a major incident of Sweetpea banging littlest button over the head with the tambourine and howls of pain ensuing. She got to see our parenting in action. It was one of the most chaotic meetings I have had to pull my brain around but we got through it and I think all the details were correct. At least we get to see her reports before she posts them to fact check them once more.
Looking forward to the week ahead. I am looking forward to getting into a rhythm even if its a choppy one. It has been a big two weeks and I am grateful to go to bed in a few minutes. I have never been so grateful for sleep before, it is my reward at the end of the day! So sad, I sound old.
Oh, before I forget, we found out today what the snow whites were that Sweetpea wants on the Christmas tree. Good thing we didn't jump into investing in the Disney themed Christmas, she means SNOWMEN when she says snow whites! Cute!
It's our 2 week anniversary today. God is so faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment