It is countdown time. There only remains 10 days between now and when Sweetpea arrives in our lives and in our home.
Can you feel the excitement bubbling over? I am busy still with preparations. I am busy trying to stuff the next 3 months of appointments and events and shopping into these last few days.
Today we mailed off a box to Jennifer with stuff to take to Singapore for Sweetpea. There is such a longing to be the person to give it to her but I am grateful that we will at least now be able to get something to her. I made a photo book by way of introduction and wrote a story of our family to go along with each page. I hope that the things I wrote will help her begin to wrap her brain around this enormous change that she is being asked to make, yet again. This time we hope it is forever and for her ultimate benefit. I also put in the box many small activities and toys to play with on the long, long, long plane ride to us. I bought a coming home outfit a while back when we still we planning on travelling ourselves and I sent that along in the box, I don't know if Jennifer will use it for the plane trip or not but at least she will have it available.
I am ready to be finished with mothering long-distance. My heart is weary from the guessing and doubting and trying to figure things out. Yes, I know that when she comes home there will be a long and enduring weariness to contend with as well but at least she will be known and under our roof.
We are still waiting on the fax from the parents. Today they emailed to say they lost the fax number. We then have to wait another full day for them to get back to work in order to fax it. Still no word from their lawyer......we are trying to patient. Truthfully other preparations have pushed that drama into the wings at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment