Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Long Road to Recovery

With all my heart I find myself wishing that we were fully back into the swing of life and with regret I know we are not there yet. It will take time, I know, but I am impatient to resume our routines and to get on with this new year. It seems that we missed out entirely on Christmas and New Years and then it sucked up my Beloved's birthday and any celebration for him. I was hoping that Chinese New Year would find us ready to embrace it's celebration but as it is tomorrow we will probably weakly acknowledge it's beginning. The kids are all doing much better but are stir crazy with cabin fever. Tension runs a little high and feelings are easily bruised. Someone in our home has been sick since Christmas Day.....that is a very long month we just lived through.

No comments: