Lest you should think that Sweetpea has been on some vacation whilst we have been sick, she has not. She has shown a side of grace that we were not expecting during the most difficult times, like when I went into the hospital, and for that we praise God. Yet as things begin to drift towards normal again Sweetpea is turning up the heat on her indignation at having been scared by all the illnesses and happenings. She has been back to being fully defiant and intolerably bossy in an attempt to control her environment. She has been gunning for my buttons for the past 2 days and today got disciplined for being dangerously aggressive in an activity over and over again. She was more surprised than anything that she got disciplined but had a good response to it afterward. After a long long day for me I wanted to try to end the day with her on a high note and gave her a shower. Even though she is old enough to shower herself I take the time to wash her down and do her hair for her and she seems to be very happy to submit to this level of care from me. After getting pj's on and cuddling in my bed for a few minutes of hair brushing and light back message she has a revelation out of the blue. "God made me just the way I am and He loves me very much." WOW, where did she get that from? Yes, honey you've hit the nail on the head. I felt like it was a home run moment as I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her for as long as she'd let me. Some days you just don't know when it will all be worth it in the final moments.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Testings and Trials
Lest you should think that Sweetpea has been on some vacation whilst we have been sick, she has not. She has shown a side of grace that we were not expecting during the most difficult times, like when I went into the hospital, and for that we praise God. Yet as things begin to drift towards normal again Sweetpea is turning up the heat on her indignation at having been scared by all the illnesses and happenings. She has been back to being fully defiant and intolerably bossy in an attempt to control her environment. She has been gunning for my buttons for the past 2 days and today got disciplined for being dangerously aggressive in an activity over and over again. She was more surprised than anything that she got disciplined but had a good response to it afterward. After a long long day for me I wanted to try to end the day with her on a high note and gave her a shower. Even though she is old enough to shower herself I take the time to wash her down and do her hair for her and she seems to be very happy to submit to this level of care from me. After getting pj's on and cuddling in my bed for a few minutes of hair brushing and light back message she has a revelation out of the blue. "God made me just the way I am and He loves me very much." WOW, where did she get that from? Yes, honey you've hit the nail on the head. I felt like it was a home run moment as I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her for as long as she'd let me. Some days you just don't know when it will all be worth it in the final moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment