Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another Threshold Crossed

Today a minor but important-to-this-mama threshold was crossed. First, a back story to get some details.

When we were in the agonizing wait for Sweetpea to come we became more and more disillusioned with the parents from the first family. They were not exactly stellar with following through with what they said and they were prone to change their minds at a whim. This did give us a great opportunity to trust God more for the whole arrangement.

When all was said and done and Sweetpea was on the plane heading to us there was a slight little hiccup with her ticket- it was a round trip ticket instead of a one way. They also had given themselves a lot of buffer before the return trip and booked it for Valentines Day. This made me nervous only because I felt I couldn't trust them and that they had a little yoyo string tied to her.

Now that that date has come and gone I find myself relieved that one less thing can easily pull her from our arms. They still have the legal ability to do so, but now they would have put forth more financially, something they are not willing to do. I am glad the yoyo string is cut and the ticket is null and void. So I will sip a cuppa tea and celebrate another threshold crossed even if I am the only one counting it.

No comments: