Monday, February 2, 2009

Bringing them all HOME SWEET HOME

I am in really high spirits tonight as I was able to bring all of my family home today.

Sweetpea rallied very well this morning and by noon the doctors checked her over and gave us walking papers to get out of Dodge. It looked at that moment that my Beloved would still have another test scheduled for the afternoon so we did not think there was any hope that he would be discharged today. Just as I began to make arrangements to get the two of us picked up and taken home his doctor walked in and wanted to discuss things with him.

They nicely agreed to relocate their discussion to our room and I was able to be part of the team. It made a difference when I heard that he was cancelling the afternoon test and wanted him to stay another day to get more antibiotics and rest. I asked if perhaps he could do those two things at home just as well as in the hospital if there was not further testing he wanted to do. This doctor was so kind and agreed that he would discharge my Beloved so we could all go home together!!!!!

We were a merry band of leavers. The father and the daughter in their wheelchairs waving farewell to all the good people of hospital land. We thank you and we wish you well but we do not wish to see you again for a very looooong time to come.

SuperV brought our car with our other kiddos in it and as we loaded she hopped out and into BeautifulB's car for a ride home so we could go directly home and put these sick people back into their own comfy beds. It was cause for celebration.

As soon as I had Sweetpea bathed and sleeping sweetly in her own bed my body cascaded with exhaustion. I did not realize that I had been running on so much adrenaline until it stopped and I felt so very tired. I am so happy to be in my own bed tonight with all of my own under one roof. For this I praise God who has kept us through all these days and his faithfulness cannot be measured.

No comments: