I knew today was not going to go well last night. Still I prayed and was hopeful that everyone would wake up feeling better and able to go to church........it did not happen.
My Beloved was the first to declare himself officially sick yesterday. It looks like the flu and it is hitting him hard. My littlest button has been running a temp for both days and while not fully sick is feeling under par while my oldest button keeps running to the bathroom and telling me that she thinks she has what Baba has. That leaves the other 3 of us to nurse and care for the sick 3 while staying clear of them in hopes of keeping ourselves from getting what they are clearly not enjoying.
It's the joys of Christmas, eh?
On the sweet side today Sweetpea came dashing to me asking how to spell her name. This has come up many times and there is a struggle in her mind because she knows how to spell the name she was given in her first family but we keep talking to her about wanting to name her a new name. Well today she floored me when she told me she wanted to know how to spell the new name and then ran back to the littlest button to relay the new found information. This is a positive step.
Tonight as I was putting her to bed I asked her about her hair. I wanted to know how she would like her hair to be styled as the cut is beginning to grow out and I wish to know if I need to plan a trip to the hair dressers. She looked at me with such sweet eyes and melted my heart as she told me she wants long hair, it came out of her almost like a plea from the depths of her heart. I told her that would be fine, we could grow her hair out long and find a style that she liked. She rewarded me with such a look of love. OHHHHHH, sweetness!
No comments:
Post a Comment