Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Ray of Sweet Sunshine

Today was a bright spot. I don't know how the pressure valve was released from today but it was and I am so grateful. For everyone who has been praying for me and us I want you to know that it matters, greatly and I am so appreciative.

Today the big excitement I had was that as Sweetpea was talking during dinner she talked about this new family name of the day she gave us all and then proceeded to call us all out by these names. Then she included herself but she used the pet name we have been calling her by for these several weeks. I am delighted that she is referencing it.

She also opened up to me about when she first came to us and that she cried because she really missed Carmelita. It was so great to hear her initiate a conversation about her feelings and want to draw me into it. What a great day!

No comments: